Followers

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sugar the root of all evil

This week I want to talk about the evils of sugar. After I watched this film called That Sugar Film, I decided to swear off sugar. After watching this film it taught me to really be aware of what I am eating. This is because large amounts of sugar the body can't process so it turns in directly into fat. Large amounts of sugar consumption can be attributed to obesity and diabetes. For me it is very difficult to give up all sugar, so I try to keep my sugar consumption below 20 grams a day, this my seem like a lot of sugar but if you think about it an average american eats 82 grams of sugar a day. The main way to stay away from all this sugar is to read the labels before you eat anything. Since I started this diet I have lost 10 pounds, it also helps to do some regular exercise as well. I am not saying avoid all sugar cause that is impossible, but limit yourself significantly.

1 comment:

  1. I just gave up soda for Lent as I do most years, and I could not agree more; yet, on the other hand I love sugar! Also, I want you to research sodium more, which I believe is worse!

    ReplyDelete